Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Signs that someone is still using Meth?

I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject. But let's say someone claims to be in recovery and currently sober. Are there any tell tale signs to watch out for that would prove otherwise? 

If possible, try to keep track of how long they've been going without sleep. After using the drug it can be hard to sleep for a day or two. Are they grinding their teeth or moving their jaw at all? Do they seem a bit more agitated or aggressive? My friends who smoke meth always act a bit more short with me while on it. Erratic or hyperactive behavior is another one. And keep an eye out for burns on the lips or fingers that can happen from smoking meth. If you suspect that they used meth in the past couple days and then stopped, they might also be more depressed than usual in the days following due to the change in dopamine.