Jane asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Is having pain with braces rubber bands normal?

I have had rubber bands before and had no pain. I have had rubber bands on my braces for the past year. Every time I go to the dentist they would move the rubber bands to a different position. I have never experienced pain with rubber bands before(not even when I first got them) and this time after they moved it to a different position I am experiencing pain in my teeth and getting a headache. Is it normal to experience pain with rubber bands after having rubber bands for a couple of months and not experiencing any pain?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yep, completely normal!

The rubber bands are pulling your teeth so pain and itchiness are to be expected. The pulling on your teeth is a normal cause for headaches, your teeth might or might not get used to it later on. They might've also used a bigger elastic on the other places therefore making this one hurt and not the others.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, its common to experience pain or headaches with rubberbands. Especially if they moved them to a different position and you're not used to it yet. Personally when I had rubberbands it didn't even matter how long I'd have them in one position, I had headaches no matter what and never got used to them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.