bart asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why is my puppy calm and sweet until I get home? ?

When I'm out of the house my puppy is sweet and gentle with my husband but when I get home all my puppy wants to do is bite and play.  He is also teething.  Why does he only act up when I get home?  Is it a compliment or does he hate me?

You have to understand what you have there.  That is an animal, not a cute cuddly thing.  It is picking you out because you are the first on the list of prey.  He is softening the skin of your husband and using his feces and urine to degenerate his brain (with the transfer of rabies) daily, so that he can begin the digestive process of your husband.  He looks at your young tender skin and knows that he can cut through the skin easily with his sharp teeth.  Dogs are not like humans.  They don't love and cuddle humans.  We are the food.  Now if you hunt with the dog, then he will possibly treat you as part of the pack.  Dogs are know for doing this.  That is why they are useful for certain task.  But your delusion that this do has a love hate relationship with you and your husband is ridiculous.

If you've ever watched what goes on when members of a wild dog pack return to those who don't go out hunting, you'd understand better.   Even when young, dogs know that when all the members of the pack, of which you are now one, are back safely, all is well - happy time!

If he's teething, give him plenty of things to gnaw on.   I put a damp cloth, or two, into the freezer and then chew on, as that's great to help ease the pain of teething.

He is excited to see you.

He's excited to see you and knows who you are.   You should be flattered.  If your husband left and then came back, the pup would act the same way.

• Maxi

Clearly your husband is in a leadership position, sets rules for the pup, so trains it where as you are treated like a litter mate

• Kevin

It is his message to you saying that when Trump leaves office, everything will be better, but if he is in the white house, things are chaotic and bad.

Make sure to vote for Joe in November!!

#BidenHarris2020