can i still take my california drivers test if my car is registered late?

i am taking my drivers test this thursday (aug 13) but the car renewal registration papers won’t come for another five days. however, i have the receipt for the new registration given by the dmv. would the dmv accept the renewal registration receipt if i show them and be able to take the test? the old one expired august 8th.

Update:

i cant call the dmv, tried a day ago and the automatic voicemail said they wont answer new calls

5 Answers

Relevance
  • May
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your renewal has been paid, you just haven't got the new certificate yet, so you should be ok.  Just have the receipt with you if they ask to see it.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The automatic voice mail did NOT tell you they won't answer new calls. The DMV offices in every state will answer the phone and answer any questions you might have.

If you haven't yet taken your driver's test and received a Driver's License, how can you have a car registered in your name that you want to renew?. If you're wanting the renew the registration, then the car was registered in your name one year ago. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What are you talking about? The tag?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get over your social anxiety, pick up the phone and ASK THEM.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Call the DMV and ask.  The examiner might be having a bad day and fail you before taking the test.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.