Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

During a house raid by the police are they able to take pregnancy tests?

• John P

I find it hard to imagine in Britain that the police could insist on 'on the spot' pregnancy testing during a raid. If it was obvious that there was serious sexual wrongdoing going on in the house then any (young) women would be immediately 'taken into care' and looked after by the local authorities until the whole business was resolved. If it seemed obvious that pregnancy might be involved then permission would be asked of the parents or carers (if the girls were very young) or of the young women themselves to take pregnancy tests. I do not know how the law would work in other parts of the world.

I can't imagine why a pregnancy test would be evidence in a crime.

Never heard of such a thing truly ever happening zxwbfgjk

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Edna

Police who are raiding your home won't ever take pregnancy tests; not unless one of the police officers was a woman who thought she might be pregnant. 

if arrested they might test you at the jail. They will ask about your period. In case you need a pad

No and they will only be looking for underage drinkers and drugs

• LizB

I mean... you'd think they'd have other priorities at the time than seeing if one of them is knocked up, but....

Do you mean physically take tests found in the house? 

• Kieth

A search warrant has to describe the location that is searched, what areas can be searched, and what they are looking for.

I suppose, but it'd be an awkward time for an officer to suddenly be worried that she's pregnant.