Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Poured water on Macbook Air ?

In December of last year I poured water on my 2018 Macbook Air which was stupid of me - trust me, I know. Anyhow I immediately dabbed at the water with a dry towel and shut off the laptop before opening it at a 90 degree angle and placing it on top of another dry towel with the keyboard laying flat against the towel. The newer macs tend to turn on easily even if the on button is compressed the tiniest bit, which happened to my mac twice while I was trying to dry it. It ended up working fine the next day, though i'm pretty sure I turned it on too early but I have serious anxiety and wanted to make sure it was still working. 

The touchpad was a bit stiff and iffy initially and gradually returned to normal. It's been 8 months since this incident and my mac has been working fine. Is there a high possibility of my mac incurring latent damage from this down the track? 

Thank you for your help :) 

Favorite Answer

If it's been 8 months and it's working fine, it's fine. Nothing to worry about.

• David

No , no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

You did it wrong.  You were supposed to submerse it at least 2m depth for a minimum of 2 hours.  Try again.

Latent water damage in a perfectly fine working computer?  Hydrophobia, perhaps.

you might need to get another computer