Embery asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Now that he'e left the NFL network after refusing a pay cut, is it safe to talk about how over rated Deion Sanders was?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Deion Sanders is a mouth piece for the Commish. He will say whatever the commish wants him to. Mouthpieces have no brain, only a mouth.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Was it somehow not safe before? 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He was the best cover corner in NFL history. No one else is even close. I've watched him play 6 or 7 games in a row and not give up anything more than a 2 yard pass. 

He also was an elite returner and a decent WR. 

He also was a legit professional baseball player

He also was a good enough basketball player that he could have played in the NBA. 

He also was a world class sprinter running a 4.1 40 yard dash and a 10.2 100m. That's for a guy who never trained as a sprinter. I have no doubt he could have gone to the olympics as a sprinter and his track coach at FSU said the same thing. 

• Yes he was so "Over rated" that The NFL selected him as the First Defensive Back for The NFL 100 All Time Team. You're entitled to your opinion, just as everyone else is entitled to theirs. As Rich Eisen of NFL Network said, Deion Sanders played on Offense, Defense and Special Teams and could hurt the opposing team in so many different ways.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not everyone thought he was overrated.

• Deion Sanders was a shut don corner, he'd pick you off and start high stepping from the 50 and you couldn't catch him. He was cocky but he backed it up!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's always been safe to talk about the boy. I dissed him when he was playing because the only thing Sanders was ever good at was self-promotion.

He was so good that GMs in two different sports bought the BS he was slinging. 

Sanders was a mediocre baseball player, a career scrub, and he was an overrated DB who couldn't tackle in football. Average punt returner but the boy didn't like contact.

Sanders was never anything special but he flapped his lips enough that people thought that he was.  

• 1 month ago

I think there are VERY few NFL analysts that are actually GOOD at their jobs.  I think several of the QBs are good at breaking down QB specific stuff, and of course Tony Romo has been amazing as a color analyst.  But most of them suck.  

But Sanders was far from the worst.  Michael Irvin and Randy Moss are as bad as it gets.

• 1 month ago

It's just as safe to talk about him now as it was a year ago.  Why do you think his employment status affected the safety of conversation in any way?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.