2015 Chevy Captiva Engine Overheating?

My dashboard inside that car stated that the A/C was automatically shut off due to the engine overheating when the car had been running for five minutes and I just got onto the highway-- the coolant temperature gauge was completely blank. Then it popped back on saying the temperature is 150f just before I turned off the road thinking I was going to fry my car. I made it back home and took a look. There is plenty of coolant and oil in the car, no boiling/steam, no obvious leaks. The fan was running full blast. I had the radiator and thermostat changed out 25k miles ago. The only thing I can think of is a sensor or the water pump. I also just swapped out the catalytic converter so maybe that's related? This car is just one problem after another. 

Check for trouble codes with a scanner.  The ECT sensor is likely bad.  Try replacing it.

Maybe the temperature sensor is bad. There a lot of that happening in GM cars for years.

• k w

take it the parts store, most will check the car to see if it CODED yet ! if it coded they will know how much it costs to fix it, if no code, you are stuck til it does......

Did you look in the radiator or just the reservoir? If you have  radiator cap take it off and check the coolant in the radiator.