Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Ladies, how would you react if your boyfriend said he wanted to take a 2 year work project abroad?

• Tj

It will not matter how you react. He will do what is right for himself. Life does not revolve around you.

"Boyfriend" - that would likely be a dealbreaker because I personally would not want to be long distance for 2 years, nor would I relocate to another country for a boyfriend.

• LizB

I'd assume we were breaking up.

If I wasn't invited to join him, and it was an elective choice on his part, we'd part ways upon his departure. If I was invited.. I'd have to think about where and why and decide then. 

I don't know.  

• Linda

My husband was in the Marine Corps and he had to go abroad for one year to the Philippines which broke up our marriage. I am remarried and I wouldn't like it if my husband had to leave for a project abroad but I could accept it if I had to and we were able to stay in close contact. Not all women would be okay with it though.