I see a ton of wasps/hornets ?

I have either wasps or hornets going in to a small hole no bigger than a dime right under my gutter above my siding.

I have no way of seeing the nest unless I put my eye but to the dime sized hole but I enjoy living.

What should I do?

I know I can spray the heck out of that hole at dusk but I cannot remove the nest without removing the siding.

Without knowing where you live, I would suspect that you have "carpenter bees" which usually bore a hole in a wood fascia board under the eaves and nest inside there. Their only defense is to annoyingly buzz around your head as they can't sting, but there can be a surprising amount of them in a nest. They distribute pollen between trees so you can decide for yourself whether they are pets or pests.

That is a HUGE hole for insects. It is not even small for mice.

If you kill the insects, the nest itself doesn't need removed. That said, you probably SHOULD remove enough siding to determine the actual extent of the problem.

If you feel they are going to be a threat to you, you'll have to get rid of them by contacting the people who are qualified to get rid of them!

call an experienced exterminator,he would likely have to remove fascia siding or even detach a lgth of gutter trough

a handyman would have to be called to restore the section of damage

• hart

close the entrance with Vaseline

Spray, run, and pray. But seriously you need to run.

You definitely want to be careful about WHEN you spray. After dark, or when there is ABSOLUTELY NO activity in that nesting area is the only time you should try to use a spray. DO spray the 'heck' out of the nest, as much as you can. If you see them come back, call in a professional who has stronger sprays and can get them further into the walls. 

Wasp stings are painful and can be dangerous--so be careful. If you see any live ones, back off. Do NOT direct a water spray at them or make a lot of noise--ground wasps or hornets can be aggressive from excessive noises. 

just spray them from 7 meters away and you're good

• Andy C

You are correct about the nest/siding.   Use a hornet spay from 10+' away and use half of the can.

Poisoned earth rarely begets new life.

Source(s): I once was painting a house and a wasp nest near the peak of the soffit suddenly released a three strong attack group directly at my eyes whilst up on an extension ladder. First one got me 2× next to my right eye and it is a good thing that I enjoy being stung...or rather, feeling the poison spread through my CV system. I get stung a lot;)

The actual nest may be well away from the hole where they come and go. I have found many wasp nests in my attic attached to the roof rafters. I would suggest you take a careful look in your attic for the nests. You might also consider having a professional exterminator deal with the problem