Misty asked in TravelUnited StatesHonolulu · 2 months ago

How is the bar scene in Hawaii?

do people tip

• Favorite Answer

My experience visiting Kauai, Oahu and the Big Island is that people generally tip in bars.

There is no "bar scene" at the moment due to the lockdown. However, restaurants are allowed to serve liquors until 10:00pm HST. No lingering around and try to finish your drink after that time. Liquor Commissioners have been, strictly, enforcing that rule.  

And yes, people do tip; I know I do (and I have been known as a generous tipper). 

Tipping is part of the process here in the U.S.

Hawaii is undergoing another lockdown due to certain categories of people who did not adhere to the safety guidelines. (i.e. bars are being shut down again.)

Source(s): Resident of Hawaii.

Of course people tip. It's a state in the US, not a foreign country. But Hawaii is currently quarantining visitors, and arresting those who violate quarantine. The bars may be closed. 

It's a part of the US, where 20% tip is part of the cost of drinking in a bar.

They've got their hands out anywhere in The States.