Is it possible to get a passport within 2 months?

With Covid-19 going on I am not sure if I can get a passport in time for my trip. I was planning on flying in late October. I really was hoping to go on this trip.

• MS

Passport processing is backed up pretty significantly right now.  Last I checked they weren't giving estimates for passport processing time, and they were not accepting expedited requests.  Getting a passport in about 2 months is pretty typical during normal times, so I imagine it will be longer than that right now.

It's possible but risky if you're in the US. Currently there is a backlog of over a million passports in process with 139,000 new applications received and 213,000 applications processed this week. See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/travela... for updates on the data.

You can go to a passport office in person and get your passport processed in one or two days. Look up where the office is nearest you. There's one in Buffalo NY, and one in Atlanta, and several others around the US. That may be the only way to get a passport processed in 2 months, as they have cut back on processing them. 

Possible YES Likely NO

As this is an INTERNATIONAL site it helps to say what country 's passport you are getting.

As for travel FROM Where TO Where.

Because of Covid 19 Your trip just might not happen.

Everyone's crystal balls are little cloudy for October.

READ the cancellation/change/refund policy BEFORE you pay.

Just having a passport is not some magic entry pass to any country. It is required to board your INTERNATIONAL flight. Domestic flights and staying in country DO NOT require you to have a passport.

IF you are from the USA do not expect many countries to be open for your tourism adventures.

• P

Sure if you apply today and pay for it to be expedited.  Just be mindful statistically Covid-19 will likely be very bad in October, so expect things to get canceled on you outside of your control.  The country you are traveling to may not even allow you entry.   It's not the best idea to put too much money into it that may not be refundable.    

According to their site, due to covid they’ve significantly reduced staff in charge of processing passports. It says as of last week they’ve almost completed all passport requests submitted in March. Unless it is a life or death situation you probably won’t receive a passport for a long while. Also you can’t pay for them to be expedited anymore they’ve discontinued that service.