Should human civilization not exist according to the Fermi paradox?

According to the Fermi paradox, because advanced aliens haven't tried communicating with us, they either don't exist or there has to be some specific reason for it (rarity, "dark forest", etc.). However, there are an estimated 100+ uncontacted/undiscovered tribes mainly in the Amazon and PNG. Why are aliens required to contact us when we haven't contacted everyone on our own planet?

Update:

To the people saying it means intelligent life should be common, I will reiterate. Our planet is often considered overpopulated, yet there are people who don't know outside civilization exists. That shouldn't be possible according to the Fermi paradox.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are exceptions to EVERY RULE----especially to those that have not been confirmed yet.

• 1 month ago

Should any real visitors — or conquerors — from space come to our planet, the scientific odds strongly suggest the aliens will be completely artificial forms of life. In civilizations advanced enough to travel between the stars, it is quite likely that machines have supplanted their biological creators. Automatons — unlike animals — could withstand the hazards to living tissue and the strain on social fabrics posed by a long interstellar voyage.

Furthermore, nonliving beings would not have to worry all that much about the environmental conditions at their destination — if the planet is hot or cold, bacteria-ridden or sterile, has oxygen in the air or is airless, machines would not care.

• 1 month ago

The Fermi paradox makes a profound statement about the very existence of life up in space. Perhaps you should revisit the paradox and consider it more carefully.

But aliens. Lol. Can we grow up and move on now?

• 1 month ago

The Fermi Paradox holds that if intelligent life is reasonably common in the Universe, that after 13.5Billion years, intelligent aliens should be all over the place, and yet we have no clear cut proof that they exist. That is the paradox. Our galaxy should be crawling with them, and they should be obvious to our detection methods, and yet they are not. But there is no requirement that they contact us. 

I personally believe that we are the first intelligent species in our half of our galaxy. The nearest alien civilization is likely to be in the Andromeda galaxy, and no closer.

Cheers.

P.S. As our species expands out throughout our galaxy, I believe we will find many Venus-like worlds with super dense atmospheres, with or without liquid water oceans underneath. But finding a planet that is as large as ours with only a 1Bar atmosphere? that will be next to impossible, in my humble opinion. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No such thing as a paradox. They do not exist.

Laws of God and natural laws do not contradict.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.