How come meteor showers only occur at night? ?

Meteors can fall to earth during the day, but the showers supposedly only happen at night. 

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

A meteor shower happens when the Earth passes through a patch of space where a comet has left behind small particles that then enter the atmosphere and burn up.  The showers happen when the particles are much more dense in space so there are more meteors than the times when the Earth is not passing through a dense area of particles.  Showers do occur during the daytime too and the meteors can be sensed by other things than sight, like radar or radio waves bouncing off the meteors or the ionized area of the atmosphere that is left behind for a few seconds.  Meteors can be seen any night but are much more prevalent in a meteor shower.

• 1 month ago

They occur during at all times of the day. You just can't see because of brightness of the sun.

• 1 month ago

Perseid Meteor Shower: Watch It Peak in Night Skies. Throughout the entire year as Earth rotates around the sun, it goes through surges of vast garbage. The subsequent meteor showers can illuminate night skies from sunset to first light, and in case you're fortunate you may have the option to get an impression.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i was taken to lgan hospital by bikers and ullyess thinking i was asio i was a agent.they used indian mafia and australians the kermer are in on it and the cosgrove. mafia they and russia mafia connetion to my interface through a child saftey net really to hack major main frames never use child saftey controls from russia just investigate its with the government

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

because its easier to see them in the dark , in daylight its too bright .or is it meteors are scared of chickens so waits till the fall asleep in the dark !!!!

• 1 month ago

Meteors come at the Sun not from the direction of the Sun.

So whatever side of the Earth is facing away from the Sun is obviously going to receive more hits than the side facing the Sun.

• 1 month ago

Oh, meteors strike the Earth at any time, day or night... but, usually - the streaks we see are so faint, that the brilliant blue of the daytime sky overpowers their light. But - like in the case over Chelyabinsk, Russia a few years ago - if the rock is big enough, you're gonna see it... 

• 1 month ago

Well, why don't you set about disproving this ?  Should be very easy.  Just watch all day for a few days, and let us know what you discover.

• 1 month ago

They're very shy in the shower?

• 1 month ago

they occur any time of day, but are much more visible at night.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.