Jeffrey Dahmer's father never accepted his son's homosexuality, do you think that contributed to his horrendous criminal behavior ?

"I just think it's not natural"

— Lionel H. Dahmer. 

• JASON
    Favorite Answer

I don't think his parents were probably aware of it until after he'd committed his crimes. As far as I remember, his dad wasn't on the scene, because I remember hearing his mother moved out to another house and left him on his own, which was when he started his crimes.

No, he was mentally ill and lonely. His mental problems were never properly addressed (at least not before it was too late) and he never sought professional help. There were a lot of missed opportunities where someone could've intervened. His landlord could've gotten a warrant to search his apartment when his neighbors complained about the odor.

Plenty of people's parents don't accept it and they don't become serial killers, so no, it's not an excuse. 

No. His main problem was that he was criminally insane, not that he was gay.

• Ann

It didn't hurt but I don't think that's the only thing.

Not at all. My family won't accept me. I'm 27 and never had a single thought of harming them or others.