Jeffrey Dahmer's father never accepted his son's homosexuality, do you think that contributed to his horrendous criminal behavior ?

"I just think it's not natural"

— Lionel H. Dahmer. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • JASON
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think his parents were probably aware of it until after he'd committed his crimes. As far as I remember, his dad wasn't on the scene, because I remember hearing his mother moved out to another house and left him on his own, which was when he started his crimes.

• 2 months ago

No, he was mentally ill and lonely. His mental problems were never properly addressed (at least not before it was too late) and he never sought professional help. There were a lot of missed opportunities where someone could've intervened. His landlord could've gotten a warrant to search his apartment when his neighbors complained about the odor.

• 2 months ago

Plenty of people's parents don't accept it and they don't become serial killers, so no, it's not an excuse. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. His main problem was that he was criminally insane, not that he was gay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It didn't hurt but I don't think that's the only thing.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not at all. My family won't accept me. I'm 27 and never had a single thought of harming them or others. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.