Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Is classic rock music just for old conservative boomers?

The younger generation favor indie, country, hip hop, pop and metal. A classic rock audience would just be bikers/boomers with the MAGA mentality. 

Even recently at Sturgis; a crowd of 500,000 boomers (naturally without masks) attended a classic rock music festival in the middle of nowhere in South Dakota. Says it all......

No.Learn that music did exist with actual instruments and talent.Most did not have to show their *** to be great.Had actual talent!!!!

Conservative in the sense that's a mostly Harley event maybe. Though I don't get the whole Murica fuсk Yeah deal with Harley owners in the States. Since a lot of Harley parts come from China. Not to mention from an engineering point of view, they're rather inferior compared to their rivals. Don't get me wrong I like those air-cooled hog monsters. But the likes of the Japanese got your number there. As for Classic Rock? As in Rock from the 60's-70's? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they for the most part Liberal hippies? And you can't get pissy over bikers not wearing masks/not maintaining social distancing when your country's been letting people run riot(literally) for the past few months. Which would explain the sharp rise in Covid infections. 

I'm 40 and have always liked classic rock music more than I did with 90's music when I was a teenager.

"Says it all......." what? You're rambling. Do you know how to proofread what you write and how to provide backup? Also, I suggest you go back to third grade to learn subject and verb agreement. 

Sturgis is a motorcycle festival, not a rock music festival.

• dman63

Uh, no.  “Bikers/boomers with the MAGA mentality”. Ignorant much? Give me a break.  Anyone can enjoy classic rock, including people who weren’t born when some of it came out.  A lot of them discover classic rock through their parents and friends. Your age does not dictate your musical tastes, and many people like more than one genre of music.  My 78-year-old mother in law would laugh in your face.

Source(s): Middle aged Canadian boomer. No MAGA mentality here, and if I was an American I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing a MAGA hat.
  • Mike

Classic rock is too vague to define in the first place.

And what is classic rock exactly?

Metallica, Nirvana and Beastie Boys are classic to me.

Edit:

Come on. These are closer to Woodstock than to 2020.

The term "classic rock" was coined around 1986 to describe "radio-friendly" rock that was a decade or more old. As an attempt to describe a genre it was always too vague. Does a person who listens to Bob Dylan must like Aerosmith? Fan of Led Zeppelin is also a fan of Elton John? Roxy Music and Deep Purple?

Applying the same logic in 2020, Radiohead's "The Bends" album is classic rock. Radio-friendly and a true oldie, 25 years have passed. Go back 25 years from 1986 and you get Jerry Lee Lewis and Chubby Checker.

And boomers are people born from 1946 to 1964, they are 56-74 now. Those attending bikers' festivals are their kids, Gen X, raised in good rocking spirit.

Stick your filthy germ-ridden nose socks. 

It says Freedom to me, honey!

--

--

Knowledge is power

Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin + Zinc

Doxycycline + Ivermectin

Famotidine IV

Indie is not a musical genre, it's a way of conducting business.