Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

If you're a young adult still living with your parents, are you still supposed to do and obey everything they say?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • J M
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes. Grow up. If you don’t like it, move

• 1 month ago

AS MY FATHER ONCE SAID:  IT IS MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A young adult living with parents and paying rent and expenses would have more ability to assert their independence than someone still financially reliant on those parents. But as always, if you don't like the house rules move out. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, since they are just the authority over you.

Source(s): Reality.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

YES... Their house... Their rules... YOUR an adult.. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT PACK YOUR CRAP AND MOVE OUT..

• 1 month ago

Yes...Their house...Their rules.

If you don't like it, with exterior doors and windows, there's many ways to exit the house.

• 1 month ago

Yup, that's how it works at any age.  It's their house, they pay the bills, so they get to make the rules.  

Even if you pay rent to them, there are still rules.  Get used to that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

More or less as you are living under their roof and they can make the rules.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you live in someone else's home, whether it be your parents or a rental, you must abide by the rules of the homeowner. 

To the "down-voters" - I hope your kids come live with you and you tell them "no parties after 10 PM", and they boogie down til 5AM every day. 

• yay
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I feel that if you have a job and do your share of chores, they should cut you some slack, but unfortunately if you're still living in their house then their rules still apply and they might not be so reasonable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.