Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Isn't anti antifa just fascism?

Antifa is anti fascism it's a broad politically philosophy and belief that is against fascism. To be against anti fascism is to support fascism. no?

Update:

Antifa started early in the 20th century. In both world wars. It's very old and has nothing to do with modern politics. It has been brought back do to those. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The birth of ANTIFA (to my knowledge) was counter-demonstration to alt-right protesters at Charlottesville who were waving Nazi flags shouting Jews won't replace us. It's important to note, the demonstration was organized by self-proclaimed white supremacist Richard Spencer and that 4 alt-right were convicted of incite to riot. 

The answer is, yes.

EDIT

Thanks for that. Then my assertion is correct because ANTIFA today is about politics. I never heard specifically ANTIFA until Charlottesville and it doesn't surprise me people were against fascism for several yrs. in some capacity.

• 2 months ago

No, the name “Antifa” is a misnomer.  Antifa is actually a racist, terrorist organization.  So while it’s great to be against fascism, as we all are, you don’t then get a pass for being a racist, terrorist group.  It’s kind of like Hitler.  Hitler was against communism, had a pathological hatred for it.  We can all agree that communism is bad, and being against communism is good.  That doesn’t give Hitler a free pass for the Holocaust though.  Same goes for antifa.  I can make a group and call antipedo, we are against pedophiles.  But then if I go out and riot, loot, and espouse racist and terrorist ideologies I don’t get a free pass because I’m against pedophiles.  Get it?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes.  When one is anti-antifa, one is implicitly defending fascism and nazis. That's why so many Trump supporters go absolutely insane when anyone mentions antifa here. 

Attachment image
  • rodcom
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You have some very flawed logic.  Anti means to be against, and no, it never means to support.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.