I am facing machine failure due to heat treated parts. Does anyone has any solution for such issues?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

How does that work?  The first thing we normally due with failures is diagnose the root cause of the failure.  We are look for the one thing that if we didn't do that, we would be in good shape.  I've seen heat treated parts that warped during heat treat and couldn't function because of dimensionality.  I've seen heat treated parts that did not have the hardness profile as was designed, and stresses destroy the part.  So what is it that happened here?  Too much stress, wrong dimensions, or some other problem.  You need to help us if we are going to help you.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

All heat treatment should come with a certificate of conformity with the parts being subject to batch inspection at goods inwards to ensure compliance.

If you don't ensure quality control then you will end up with problems.

Be cautious about Chinese steel and production as we have had large items (several tonnes) cracking during production because of poor substandard steel.

Be careful when buying cheap products - even nut and bolts can be made of cheese and cause failure.

• 1 month ago

Are you saying you have parts in a machine that should have been heat treated but they weren't and you are expecting the parts to fail? Or are you saying that the parts that might failure should not have been heat treated? Your question is very confusing. 

If it is the first case then you should replace the parts with some that have been properly heat treated. If it is the second case then you should replace the parts with some that have not be heat treated. 

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If your machinery is failing due to heat treated parts then you have major problems. If you mean something else then you need to say something else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Have you complained to someone who can actually do something about it?

Contact the manufacturer of the machine and tell them that you are having part failures.

• 1 month ago

USE OIL COOL OR WATER COOL OR FAN BLOWER  MIGHT HELP.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have no idea what you are asking about.  Maybe you can clarify your statement.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'd just break out a can of WD40 and give it a shot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.