Help With clogged toilet! 10 points!?

I flushed my toilet and noticed it was clogged as the water rose. I used my plunger to unclog it and this worked but when i flushed the toilet again it clogged. I used my plunger again and the water went down but then again it clogged again. Anyone have any tips how to fix this problem? A clogged toilet that unclogs when you use a plunger then clogs again when you flush? Thank you

Favorite Answer

Plunge it longer until it drains by itself 

Agree with others - something is stuck in the trap.  Have you flushed anything besides toilet paper and feces?

you may still have the remains of a solid torpedo wedged in the trap, take the mutli quik off and allow the blockage to drain back

• elhigh

There's something stuck in the trap.  Get a toilet auger and ream it out.

wait a few hours and try again.  toilet paper, be design, dissolves in water and that may unlog the drain.  If no, then try drain cleaner -- I know it is corrosive, so you'll have to take precautions.  Also, put drain cleaner down the nearby bathtub or shower drain at same time.  If none of that works, the drain needs to be snaked out and you'll have to hire a plumber to do it.  -- grampa

• Zany

There is something blocking the flow in the back of the toilet. Look at it from the side and you will see in the porcelain where the water flows up before going down into the drain. There is a comb or kids toy stuck there.

Continue plunging.  Make sure you have the right plunger.

maybe you should get a plummer to do it