Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

How is it possible in 2020 for a Liberal man age 21 to go to a liquor store or a grocery store and purchase alcohol and cigarettes without?

a Photo ID?

I'm 60 years old and HAVE to show Photo ID for both products!

Yet, a photo ID at a polling place is considered to be Racists/voter intimidation?

Favorite Answer

Because when you're dealing with leftists and their Infantile argument as to why a Voter ID is impracticable you're dealing with adults using the argument of a child. 

• paul c

If you want to understand how our system still works in the modern would, you'll have to look into how checking and double checking with computers can tell us who voted, where they voted, and even if they didn't vote.

Requiring an ID to vote is one of the many ways republican can reduce the number of voters.   Because if everyone that's qualified to vote, US citizens, the republican's would lose most elections. So the only way they can win, is by disqualifying as many voters as possible. After a while people just stop trying to vote, because the republicans keep coming up with new ways to make it difficult for non republican voters.   

The fear of election and voter fraud is a fantasy created by corrupt republicans. No republican presidential candidate has won the popular vote since 1989. Because the republicans are a fake party that only seeks power. They represent the few, not the many. They impeached Clinton for lying about a girlfriend. Then they protected Trump from testifying in person at his impeachment, because they knew that Trump would lie under oath. 

• Lili

No one asks me to show ID when I'm buying alcohol, sweetie.  I can't think when the last time that happened was.

• Daisy

How do you know that liberals get this privilege and no one else?  

Some type of ID (or identification) is necessary to vote anywhere.

And, for some the cost of an ID is too expensive- even if it's only $25.00.

And, in order to get that ID, one has to show a certified birth certificate (which costs $) and get to the DMV/BMV- which means riding a bus or paying for a taxi ($$$).

Stop whining.  You are lucky to be able to do this without a fuss. 

Perhaps you can put aside your own racism and prejudices and help these groups get their IDs so they can vote like you want them to.

Dude, grow up. Obviously, anyone can vote - legally or otherwise.

• Clive

What does this have to do with elections?

• J

I have never been asked to show ID to vote. I just have to sign a form. Voting is a right, and not everyone has an ID. Buying beer is not a right. And I’m 33 and I rarely get asked for ID for tobacco or liquor, except at stores that card everyone. 

maybe cause theyve seen them go there a lot

It's not possible.

Just cruise out to the Miracle Mile in Chicago, where everything's temporarily free!