Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

What do you do when you're not sure what to feel about anything anymore?

I think I'm becoming emotionally numb. I'm tired of ending up in no win situations. I don't want to seem insensitive like don't care about other people's problems but no one ever shows concern about mine. Especially as a guy, it's as if I'm not allowed to even have feelings. If I'm happy people assume it's because I'm gay or a pedophile. If I'm angry I'm being abusive. I can't be scared, sad, bored or tired without everyone just judging me for being weak. Yet if I were a woman they would all come running to my aid at the first sign of distress. Apparently females don't know how to deal with a man who isn't stoic 100 percent of the time. Men may not be the greatest at handling a lady's emotions but at least we try. Why is it far more common for women to not even make an effort? Why is this behavior tolerated so often in society? 

Why is ok for a woman to lose control over her emotions but not a man? Men are always viewed as more dangerous when the truth is that women can cause just as much damage and be just as violent. It's like no matter what I do I'll always be seen as the bad guy. Should I just play the role I've been given or continue fighting to change the narrative? Either path I take, both involve so much pain. How do I get to end?

"Why is ok for a woman to lose control over her emotions but not a man?"

Because its just not becoming of a man to be an emotional wreck like that.

Look at Kanye. He's getting the benefit of the doubt by most people. But behind closed doors people are saying a lot of disparaging things about him due to his escapades.

He's a weak individual. He's all over the place with emotions. He says weird and dumb schit about the most random-est fvcking things that shouldn't even be brought up in conversation. And with that he will disparage his own people just to get validation from white people. And not just any white people but those who are on the hard right.

He's the lap dog trying to be tough. And it just makes him look so much fvcking weaker.

Do you want to be looked down upon that?

Oh yeah and you say that when you are happy people think you are gay? Its not that you are happy that may be the issue. Its how you act when you are happy.

"Apparently females don't know how to deal with a man who isn't stoic 100 percent of the time." See that right there is why you and so many other men have problems getting women. You think too much in extremes.

Someone tells you that women dont like men who show their feelings and you become a stoic robot.

Someone tells you that women like bad boys and you turn into such an asszhole that it ends up collapsing on yourself and making you look like even more of a little bitsch than you did when you were being the fake nice guy.

Seriously many people dont see it but bad boys dont do things in extreme. They find happy mediums.

You are shooting more for James Deen, Sean Connery, or even Mathew McConaughey bad. Not Son Of Sam Killer, Mickey Rooney, Kanye West, Harvey Weinstein,or Donald Trump bad.

• Bill

So you're saying if I'm happy and a woman hits on me at that time that she thinks I'm a pedo? Hopefully this woman doesn't have kids or according to your logic she is basically wanting men to rape her kids. lol

Im only 27 but i learned to not give a shlt. it makes life much easier

• Foofa

It's actually NOT "okay" anymore for a woman to "lose control over her emotions". Rational people of both genders find this immature and unprofessional. The days of the fainting couch are long gone and if women want to be taken seriously they need to resist this urge and honestly critique other women who humiliate themselves in public. All these women out shrieking at cops right now are patient zero for how stupid you look when you lose your sh*t when a camera's on you. 

maybe you should get some counseling