Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

Did the rejection of science born out of Christian fundamentalism lead to America's disastrous handling of the coronavirus ?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Paul with best answer

• 3 months ago

No

true Christians do not "reject" science..... we do oppose the abuse of science.... and those who make it a religion and try to impose it upon others

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

No. The disasterous handling is due to electing an ignorant bright orange narccisstic moron as POTUS.

• 3 months ago

Trump is anti-science. He doesn't even know what science is. Most Christians have the same problem.

The obvious correct answer is Yes.

You asked a good question. That's very unusual. About 99% of the questions at this place are ridiculous and childish.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

No. It was the rejection of science in favor of christian fundamentalism. 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Fortunately fundamentalist Protestants are not responsible for handling of the Corona Virus. Scientists are.

• HMFan
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I think it’s a number of factors. The rejection of science doesn’t help, but we also have a leader whose primary focus is on his own re-election, politicians who are more concerned with enabling a dubiously qualified leader to maintain their positions in government, segments of the populace that have a somewhat fanatical obsession with personal freedom, and a media system that is no longer impartial but divided by political agendas and driven by the whims of opinion/entertainment instead of the clarity of facts.

• 3 months ago

I'd say it's the idiocy of those who think they have "the right" to infect others with a potentially fatal illness.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 3 months ago

I think it's a combination of the use of belief for political ends and postmodernism, so yes, fundamentalism is involved.  Up until some time during the Post-War period, Christians had an unfair image of being like rednecks out in the country somewhere, poorly educated, but later on politicians realised they could cash in on their ignorance and manipulate them into voting Republican by promoting policies which appealed to them.  Since they were creationist, this involved denying something factual.  However, postmodernism is also a factor because this led to today's "post-truth" world.

• 3 months ago

Strangely, I wouldn't point my finger at Christian Fundamentalism or Republicans,  however, there is a correlation with the far right and a rejection of selected science. However, the far left many not be much better and it may be more due to our education system and it's many problems or it might be due to having a two party system and a culture of winners and losers.

Trump was not elected because of Christian Fundamentalism, he was elected because people who thought they knew more than they did were very dissatisfied with a system that they had no clue about how it works (other than a general idea) and were too lazy to do anything other than feel indigent about imagined wrongs. For example, most people that are seriously concerned (i.e. consider it a priority) about illegal immigration have not been affected in any way, nor do they actually know anyone that has actually been adversely affected and yet they are all excited by spending billions on a wall while complaining about both the deficit and the tax rate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.