Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

I’m looking at Nuclear Engineering for ASVAB and want to ensure my electronics or science/mechanic knowledge is good. What should I study?

The test is this week and I am not that proficient. 

• Bill-M

The Nuclear Training Electronic Technician for "Nuke ET" must qualify for, and enlist under the Navy's Nuclear Field Program to join this high tech job.

ASVAB Score Requirement:    AR + MK + EI + GS + NAPT = 290    OR AR + MK + VE + MC + NAPT = 290    (Note: NAPT = "Navy Advanced Programs Test." It's the Navy's Nuclear Power Aptitude Test."    For current enlistees, applying to retrain: AR + MK + EI + GS >= 252 OR AR + MK + VE + MC >= 252

more information: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/navy-enlisted-ra...

ASVAB is based on a grade 10 education and is for those Enlisting. Nuclear Engineering requires a college degree and you would be an Officer, you would need a high GPA. To be a nuke in the Navy that’s Enlisted but you need to be highly knowledgeable in math, not science or mechanics or electronics. If you do not have excellent math/algebra/calculus skills then it will not be offered to you.