How much would you say a 20' length of 12" schedule 40 seamless Hastelloy pipe cost? ?

We just did a job in the fab shop for the refinery that was all Hastelloy. 8"-12" piping.. not sure of the exact type of Hastelloy but go for the higher number.. cant find any prices online and really dont want to ask the owner lmao

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No business runs like that. How did you manage to quote for the job without getting prices for the materials? What does your supplier say?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hastelloy?  This is a special nickel based alloy of steel (stainless) that can be hardened.  I never heard of it being used for a pipe!  Maybe some kind of high temperature or corrosive liquid will flow through the pipe?  You're not going to find a price floating around anywhere.  This is special and unique.  It's an "exotic" alloy.  It's a nickel-molybdenum- chromium superalloy, maybe with an addition of tungsten designed to have excellent corrosion resistance. 

I know Hastelloy from exhaust valve seats in cylinder heads of racing engines. 

My guess?  Many thousands of $!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.