Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 2 months ago

Are Jeep Wranglers waterproof? ?

I've seen videos of people driving in pondes, and they got pretty deep. Does this do any damage to the vehicle? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • rick
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

If the water isn't too deep. They don't have waterproof ignition systems, and if you get into water deep enough that the fan hits it, you will probably flood out. Mine handles two feet of water easily. That's enough to cause it to drift and slide downstream, so I don't get in any deeper.

• John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Jeep sent me a tube of glue that I threw away, jeepers creepers where did you get those peepers?

• 1 month ago

NO is the answer, Wranglers are not waterproof.  A Wrangler-JK (2006-2018), right out of the factory, can ford 30 inches of water without killing the engine. You can lift the vehicle or add a snorkel kit to ford deeper water.  Water can seep thru door seams and other openings.  The interior can take water up to the bottom of the dash ... when the electronics go underwater, you're done.  The good news, all Wranglers have drain holes in the floor.  Once you get out of the water, you pop the drain plug and the interior will drain via gravity.  Of course that doesn't make it dry!  The seats and the carpeting are all removable so you can get everything out in the sun to properly dry. 

Source(s): Wrangler Driver
  • 2 months ago

No, they are not. They are more capable of off-roading than most stock vehicles though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No production vehicles off the lot can drive through much water. It will take a lot of aftermarket modification an even than it doesn’t make it waterproof.  

• 2 months ago

No, they are not waterproof at all. You can add a snorkel kit which will allow you to drive in water about 3 feet deep. Other than that they will sink just like any other vehicle. 

• 2 months ago

They can go in about two feet of water,  with some modifications they can go into three feet of water.  Of course they will rust fairly fast but the owners seem not to care.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.