Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Atheists is it true what this pastor say that you base your beliefs of evolution on Star Wars and Star Trek?

• Archer
    Favorite Answer

Your pastor has no idea apparently what Atheism actually is and your not too smart in posting his stupidity asking if it is stupidity.

Of course not.

Star Wars makes no mention of evolution whatsoever; and Star Trek does not dwell much on it (the concept of evolution when it was occasionally addressed was all messed up anyway).

A moron recording himself in front of a derelict wall does not make him speak the truth.

No. Does he think that the more stupid he sounds for God the greater his reward will be in heaven?

Nope. Next question...................

Uhm....my beliefs are based on the utter, complete, and persistent lack of any evidence for any god.  I agree that evolution is true, but it's merely a mechanism, and I don;t give any philosophical or moral weight to either of those science fiction programs or stories.  So...your pastor is either a liar, or is astoundingly ignorant.  

Well, Star Trek and Star Wars both make a LOT more sense than any religion.

Clearly, your idiot pastor knows nothing, including about either series.

I didn't believe in gods when I was seven.. for the same reasons as I didn't believe in pixies.

There's no verifiable evidence any gods exist. 

It has nothing to with science or TV.

~

While I do enjoy both Star Wars and Star Trek, I watched them when I was a rabid creationist.  My understanding of evolution came from several years of objectively learning about evolution and comparing its claims to those of creationists.

Personally, I would not trust what that pastor says, because if he can so easily preach something that is completely made up like this, he could be preach nonsense all the time. Once I learned to fact check objectively, I realized that many of the things I had learned in church and believed to be true were baseless lies that had been retold many times.

Evolution is proven, god poofing man out of clay is fantasy.  The pastor in the video is lying from the offset.  Why would anyone follow a pastor who is so at ease with lying?

Star Wars wouldn't be a great choice for us, would it? A universe with things that are more or less actual gods and magic powers with light and darkness being used for way too direct representations of binary good and evil?

It's a damn fun universe and that's why I'm a fan. But being a fan of something doesn't mean you base your beliefs on it.

We base our lack of belief on the inability of people like this cringey cuck to demonstrate that their magic, invisible, utterly traceless sky pixie even exists in the first place. Nobody, not one single theist, has been able to provide hard proof, of any kind, that their god exists.

All they can do is thump their cult's little book, and parrot verses from it. It's genuinely sad.

As for evolution, it's a Scientific Theory. I suggest you google the difference between a theory in science, and a theory a layperson uses. They are VERY different things.