Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Do you think it is possible that high school freshman may never be able to play sports again?

It is possible that the coronavirus pandemic may last for several years, and could last for the entirety for a high school freshmans entire high school career.

For those that love high school sports and want to participate, do you think it is possible that they may never be able to participate in high school sports due to the coronvirus pandemic?

No. Come on. Use your HEAD. There are vaccines under development, and it's just a matter of time before they become available. Once that happens, we will develop the herd immunity that will finally get us out of this horrendous mess, and things will get back to normal. People just need to be PATIENT, and follow the mitigation measures like hand hygiene and mask use until the vaccines are ready.

And for Gypsy Fish- Contrary to what you think, the Spanish Flu DID NOT end completely in 1920. There were scattered, sporadic outbreaks of it every year for the next two decades after the main pandemic supposedly ended. I lost a great grandparent to the disease during one of those outbreaks, so I know what I am talking about.

First of all, I think that's the wrong thing to worry about. Currently, about 1000 people a day are dying in the US from the virus. That's 30,000 a month, and if it kept on like that, it would be 360,000 a year. If the virus lasted for 4 years, that would be well over a million people. 

But that's not going to happen. We'll either shut down again to lower the transmission rate, OR people will get smarter and do what they're supposed to be doing, OR there will be a vaccine. Even the Spanish flu epidemic of 1918-1920 end--- and without a vaccine.