Is green tea healthier than black tea?

• Max
    Favorite Answer

Green tea has more antioxidants or cancer fighting ingredients, but black tea still has many as well. Black tea prevents against diabetes, Parkinson's, and other diseases that green tea also prevents. Black tea is good if you want more caffeine for energy, green tea is good for a little calming pick me up that isnt too stimulating. I'd say drink what you like, they both are good for you and both can even prevent against anxiety and be good for mental health. Hope this helped.

Source(s): Drink tea sometimes, both green and black tea, also have been drinking coffee for 6 years

Whatever is less likely to stain is healthier.

• rodcom

It is supposed to be, but there is nothing wrong with black tea either.  Neither is bad for you, so drink what you like.  I am more of a black tea in the morning and green in the evening after supper.

It has less caffeine so I guess it's less bad.

You know what's better than green tea?   Herbal tea without caffeine.  Or just plain water.