Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

How to teach son to wash “down there”?

Hi so my wife and i had our first child and we decided not to circumcise him. Hes getting to the age where I am going to start showering with him, but I’m circumcised so I don’t know how to teach him to clean it. He can’t retract yet (he’s still young) but he has to learn at some point. Thanks. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

There isn't some magic moment when suddenly the foreskin relaxes and retracts. If you can't retract his foreskin then he has phimosis and I'm surprised your Dr. hasn't discussed this with you? If he doesn't learn how to clean inside the foreskin it can get sore. When the foreskin can't be retracted one option is to pull the foreskin forward as far as you can then pinch it shut and pee, the pee will flush out smegma. If he can get his finger inside to wash that's the best option.

• 3 weeks ago

Do not touch your son's foreskin. In young boys, it is still glued to their glans. The foreskin will detach on its own and he will discover it peeing or playing with it. He should wash only what is external until the foreskin starts detaching in its own.

• 4 weeks ago

Personally, as an uncircumcised man I would say just shower with him, and don't point out the difference. It is extremely unlikely he will even notice, and if he does just explain to him some men are different to others. 

Not circumcising him was a really good decision, just let him find out on his own and remind him when he gets in the shower to wash his penis/foreskin by pulling it back. Basically, there is nothing complex about this, you don't need to physically show him how to do it. Chances are, he's already touched his own penis because most young boys do.

• Bucky
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

https://en.intactiwiki.org/index.php/Foreskin_Care...

He can't retract it until the foreskin is ready.

He only washes the outside of the penis like washing a finger until it become retractable.

Your son should be the first person to retract his foreskin.

After it becomes retractable, he may wash it with warm water, no soap, body wash, or shampoo.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

not circumcising is a lifetime of maintence and misery

• balan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Explain him, no need for physical demonstration which will be embarassing to you as well as to him. Tell him to roll down the foreskin slowly if necessary by applying own saliva as a lubricant. If   it is tight it will get loosened within a fortnight.He should wash it with warm water and soap during  bath every day by unrolling and then keeping it back in original position.Let him enjoy Regards. 

• Jesus
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you had made the circumcision to your son you did not have that problem, he will probably feel bad when he sees that your these circumcised and the not. If you take a bath with him or when he sees you naked he noticed that your penis has the discovered glans, while his has a foreskin that covers it, and he asked you because he has it different.      

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

why do u need to shower with him? Maybe teach him how to clean down there and leave it at that

• Tj
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Best to talk to his doctor, and some internet research.

• 1 month ago

Oh please....you're a man, figure it out.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.