Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Why are British so cold and reserved ?

Why are they always so cold and unwelcoming like ("Why are you here? Why did you leave Australia to come here") Huge lack of welcome to Britain with open arms. Another thing why are british people arrogant and like to think very highly of themselves as being better than people of other nationalities and always cold and unfriendly most of the time. Now I have made some british friends but it was struggle to make friends due to not being part of a certain social class which. 

• Lv 7

they are further north than many other countries, and so they have colder weather.

• James

Next time you come let us know in advance, and we'll have a public holiday in your honour .

• Ashley

Maybe it’s you 

That's a pathetically misguided accusation......

My experience with Brits has been exactly the opposite of what you claim.  I found them to be open, warm, helpful, and fun loving.  My late wife and I spent weeks in London on vacations in part because we enjoyed the Brits who were accommodating to us Yanks.

We also have close Brit friends.  My late wife actually grew up with one of them during the late 1940s when she lived on Majorca.  And when her friend married, another Brit, my late wife and I would sometimes double date with the two of them when we flew into London.  We also got to know her friend's mom and dad.  He actually came to stay with us in the States for about a week.

The only negative thing I can say about the English is that I wish they'd learned how to cook like the French, or Irish, or Scots.  Practically any culture can cook better than the English culture.  Oh well I guess we can't have everything.

Depends where you go in the UK. Stereo-typing 67 million people according to the few you've met is more than a little stupid.