Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Could you be a gold digger if you're already a mum? Or would your morals stop you? ?

I'm a single, young mum, don't get very much money at all but I manage for basics and bills. But I've recently been approached by someone who my friends dad is friends with and he's asked me on a date multiple times and I'm considering it purely because his money is attractive and I'm broke . He's 27 years older than me. He has a flashy car, all designer clothes, owns his own house, and everyone knows he's got the cash basically. I don't know what to do. My heart is telling me don't be silly, don't be a user, but he keeps telling me how attracted he is to me. Also if I was to "be" with him it couldn't be a real relationship. My family would disown me, my friends would know why I was hanging round him so much... Maybe we could keep it a secret? But hes also three times the size of me I'm a bit worried id get hurt and wouldn't want my daughter around him 

I could never be a gold digger whether or not I had a child, because I don't believe it's a good way to live. It's dishonest, shallow, lazy, and possibly harmful to everyone concerned.

If you don't want your daughter around him, that already goes to show what kind of man he is. Do not go through with it. Whatever benefits this guy could reap will never justify putting your daughter at risk.