Boo asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Fake eyelash question ?

So I do not have eyelash extensions, I just wear the normal strip lashes. Recently I noticed after wearing my eyelashes all day my eyelids because very swollen and red. It goes away the next day but when my eyelids are very crusty and the crust seems to stay there and won’t come off for a while. I’ve been wearing the same brand of lashes and glue for a while and this just recently started happening. Should I try another glue or what’s going on here? My eyes feel fine when I’m wearing the eyelashes and I don’t even notice I’m wearing them. It’s just when I take them off my eyes are swollen, red, and crusty. I only rewear a pair of lashes about 3 times then throw them away. But even with a brand new pair of lashes this still happens.

• drip

You getting a reaction from the glue. The eyelashes themselves would not cause a reaction.  

You could be sensitive to formaldehyde or latex.Look for brands that are free from these ingredients 

Over time you can develop reactions to adhesives, switch the glue

You need to stop wearing them. It looks like you are having a reaction to either the glue, or the eyelashes. I would just get a tube of TELESCOPIC Mascara by LOREAL'...this mascara adds a lot of length to your lashes. Also, daily wearing of false eyelashes, may cause your own lashes to thin or fall out, by pulling them off. It really does sound like an allergic reaction. It does not matter how long you have been wearing falsies, it can be years, and you can still develop an allergic reaction somewhere down the line. I used TIDE detergent for over 25 years, and recently found out I am allergic to it after all these years. Never had a problem, before now. So, for your safety and health, please switch to a Mascara, instead.