Which is worse? Anxiety or depression?

Favorite Answer

I think depression is worse than anxiety. They're both mental problems but depression is when you lose hope or worse you can think about taking your own life because when you're depressed, you'll think that dying is the only way. Then, anxiety is when you have fear about something or someone, so, you will choose to avoid that something or someone because you may feel uncomfortable and scared at the same time. 

Nature, the international weekly journal of science, on 7 May, says several mental disorders may be only one or two disorders. This can mean that only one medication can handle both or more disorders. Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder were profiled. Inquire with your mental-health doctor.

harrald

Both.

This is like asking whether it's better to die in a car crash or a mining disaster. Whichever one a person suffers is perceived to be worse.

These two, though, often go hand in hand. For many who seek professional help, treating one improves the other.

• Marc

Thats a hard one since they typically go together.  I have suffered both and imo the depression is worse.  To me it felt like a weight on me that wouldnt ever go away.  A constant alien in my brain that gripped me and wouldnt let go. From the moment I opened my eyes to moment I closed them i felt chained and frozen.  The anxiety would come in bursts, with a climax of a panic attack where my back and chest would tighten up and shoot like electricity into my neck and brain.  Breathing would become rapid and the sweating would begin.  It felt like a demon was grabbing the center of my chest and squeezing.  This would last for 15 - 20 min and eventually release.  Thank goodness Ive addressed the issues and no longer experience it anymore