Mel asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

I fought with my best friend and we haven't talked in a month without fighting?

About a month ago my friend texts me a long text message about how upset she is with me and how I boss her around. This was in regards to a podcast we were creating together, for the last two weeks. I initially was so throw aback by her text as it had come out of nowhere (for me) so I texted back defending myself and it only made it worse. I decided to call her that night and after going back and forth, it escalated into yelling at each other. I acknowledged that I steam rolled over her when it comes to making the podcast and apologized but she also said the problems she had with me goes beyond the three weeks we were working on the podcast, and then brings up my job and my father. She said I am selfish because I always talk about them whenever she talks about her issues with me. (This how I interpreted it, she isn't very clear). I got upset because it is very hard for me to talk about my how much trouble I am having with my job and its harder to open up about my dad and I felt hurt that she brought those things up as reasons why she felt unhappy with me. After I initially apologized (because regardless she was upset), we hung up on good terms. But the next morning, I still felt hurt by what she said. I remembered the moments when she was having a hard time, and I went out of my way to be there for her. Are we remembering things differently? So we haven't talked since then and she got very upset I haven't been responding because she thinks everything was resolved. 

• Tj

You are  no longer friends, she knows nothing was resolved. just let it be, its over.

The fact is, people have friends to have a good time. They don't have friends so they can work as a psychiatrist for free. If you're the type of person who just complains all the time then people are not going to want to be your friend. Talk about fun things like films, music, celebrities, hobbies. And don't be so bossy and controlling, your way or no way, it doesn't work.