Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

is she crazy?  "I can't get my car inspected light is on and I can't get an appointment they won't let me in until I turn the light off....?

she's talking about the check engine light is she crazy

she also thinks you have to have an appointment to get your car inspected

I can't take my car to the shop to get it fixed I don't have the money for that

how are they going to fix it by putting on a new part you have to have the light turned off parts DONT FUX ANYTHING  I need the light turned off I don't need new parts

First first you have to exit the Twilight Zone. Then everything goes back to normal and the light will probably go out by itself.

Sometimes a loose gas cap will set the light off. Is she crazy? Most likely. But, not because she's lying about a garage not checking the light. Most dealerships & garages will check the car for free. At least you'll know what's up.

You may need an appointment to have someone look at the issue in a garage, but you cannot turn off the light if it is on.

She is not. An inspection these days means it must pass emissions as well. The check engine light is enough verification in some areas for these. It must be OFF to pass. Since yours is on they don't want to waste their time looking at your car.

She may be ignorant, like someone who has not learned better. A little education goes a long way.

• M.

A car with a Check Engine light ON, usually does not pass inspection.  So the "problem" needs to be REPAIRED first. 

The light being ON only means that a fault code has been stored in the computer's memory. 

It's not the light being ON that's the problem.  It's the FAULT that continues, that keeps being reported, that's the problem. 

You can take the light OUT of the instrument panel, but the fault that causes the computer to keep storing the fault, can be seen by a scan tool that the inspector uses. 

The problem, whatever it happens to be, needs to be repaired.

The doctor is trolling again.

Need make, model, year for a good answer.

You're the dumb one. How do you expect to pass en emission test inspection when you know there's something wrong with your car?! Go get the codes read so you have some what of an idea what needs fixing.

Is she crazy, I don't know but by your rant it sounds like you are crazy. Just what is the question here?