Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

I feel gross when i dont wash my hair everyday?

my hair gets greasy really fast so i shower and wash(shampoo) my hair every single day but im trying to transition to washing my hair every other day (while showering everyday) since i know its unhealthy to be washing it everyday as it strips down natural oils.. I still thoroughly rinse my hair with just water on the days i dont shampoo but afterwards, i feel so gross even though i know im clean. like i just feel so uncomfortable and idk why. what can i do to stop this?? i really dont want to keep washing my hair every single day because it can also slow down hair growth but i also dont want to be feeling gross on the days i dont wash it

use dry shampoo! You can make your own using plain ol corn starch. sprinkle it on your roots and rub it around until the chalky color goes away. it also leaves your hair feeling really soft

• You can try using dry shampoo when you don't wash your hair, it helps keep it looking and smelling clean. 

• Carson

I did the same thing, I naturally have very oily hair and it took a few months before it stopped getting so greasy, it does correct itself though, you just have to wait it out. Putting a little baby powder or dry shampoo at my scalp was really helpful during this time.