me asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Threatening to kill an American is a crime, right? So why can't citizens sue Trump for threatening their lives with his Covid mishandling?

and demand he starts protecting Americans the way all leaders of major wealthy countries have?

Trump isn't stopping people from following Social Distancing guidelines, he isn't stopping people from wearing a mask. When it comes to closing places down he left that decision up to the Governors, even if he basically recommended opening places back up. So yeah how was it HIS mishandling? I'd agree the borders should have been closed, but most of the problems are on the people. 

• Guber

There may be a number of law suits, some of them class action, filed against trump.  He will have the legal protection of being president, of course, but nevertheless some people will attempt to sue him.  This has something of a humorous aspect in a way, since he's always trying to sue someone.

Because he is just a hypocrite.

I guess you have missed the fact the Trump has been pretty much exactly what the experts have been recommending.  If you have a problem it is with them.