eliza asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

16 But still 5'2?

Ive been short for a long time- when I was in 7th grade, I was only 4'10 and hit a growth spurt up to 5'2 But I havent grown since and It's been almost 3 years- Could it have to do with my mother's family genes? She stopped growing at 13 and her peak height was 5'2, but my father is 6'1 and I have yet to see any differences.

I don't mind being short I just wanna know

• Sathi

One of my best friends is 5'2". She's Asian, and her parents are 5'5" at most. She's comfortable with her height. Not once have I ever heard her complain about not being taller.

16 is when I decided I had stopped growing. I'm 5'2. It's a pretty common height. I've seen women way shorter than me yet totally in proportion. Being short does have its disadvantages. I find I have to stretch to reach things often which is OK when you're young and energetic but not when you get older and have less energy. 

I’m 24 and 5’3”. I’ve been this height since I was in high school.

You'll likely grow another "I-2 @ most then stop zxvbcdfj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

We don't know but when I was 16 I was 5'5 and now over 60 I am still 5'5 so I doubt you will grow much more, (shame my hips are not the same size as when I was 16)

• J

By the time I was 16, I was already at my full height. I’m 5’3” and that’s taller than I expected to be. My mom is 5’2” and my dad is 5’8” and I remember my doctor saying that she was hoping I’d hit the 5’ mark when I was a kid. Your height is fairly average. You’re on the short side, but definitely within the normal range. Don’t expect to get much taller. Boys often grow into their 20s but girls usually stop around age 15. 

Being 5'2 is a common height for women in the U.S. You shouldn't have to worry about height, I was 5'7 at 12. But yeah, being short can be in genetics, just whichever parent  you take after. Plus you low-key have advantages for being short.

You are short.  Now you know.

• :)

I was done growing by 16. I was 5’6. I’m almost 23, and I’m maybe 5’6 and a quarter. You’re done. Embrace being 5’2, it’s not too, too short. It won’t hold you back in life. Enjoy those heels and platform sandals!

• I stopped growing at 12 when I was 5'5. After 3 years of no difference, you aren't growing anymore. This is your height, you're still taller than a lot of women.