Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

What to do when a man pulls away after recent divorce 8 month ago?

We have fallen in love but every now and then he gets in these moods. He had a nasty divorce so I try to be  supportive it’s just that he gets into these moods where he needs space. He is attentive, showers me with love, gifts and Affection. I went through a divorce early last year so I kind of understand but why is he doing this and what should I do when I have such strong feelings of love? I know he loves me too but is still trying to heal from his divorce and limited access to the kids

• Tj
    Favorite Answer

He needs time, just like you needed time. After a nasty divorce, he will be very cautious so soon. Dont push him or you may lose him.

• MissA

Grow up, accept the man you have available to you rather than the man you secretly wish he was, and either learn to live with his mood swings or wish him well and move on. 

If he has started thinking that this is all too much too soon he's probably right. It would be good for you to take another look at what your expectations are in a relationship that is still so new. 

A divorce is the death of a relationship.  Everyone grieves in their own time frame.

Push him, and he will end your relationship.