What is your opinion on life after death?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

it remains a great mystery!

• 1 month ago

Idk, but wouldn't it be cool if we were like cats and had 9 lives. One on each planet.

• Git
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I believe there is life after death. 

But I also believe that only death without an afterlife is the desired state.

Can there be a state where what once existed can ceased to exist? I hope there is.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's our true home..........

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

My opinion is that I don't know.

• 1 month ago

death has to be a relief , life is a living hell 

• Yes, there will be life after I die

• j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

One opinion:  there is a spectrum or gradation of awareness:  people waking up are brighter, bushy-tailed, more as newborns; at noontide, man and woman at their mature best; by beddy-bye, their day is rounded by what dreams may come.

Similarly, during sleep, one is first unaware, then dreams, then lucid dreams possibly for some, then soul travel for a fewer number; then conscious study in Universities of the Spirit, for a fewer number (if one counts among those who rise to such and also etheric cities, yet forget the experience completely, or perhaps recast the learning as dreams of being in a classroom, etc.)--perhaps 10% of humans.  Thus the fear of the "king of terrors" is more based on the human ego understanding at some level that the "old person with their deeds" does not survive post-passing, rather than on the realization that the better moments of awareness and soul do survive passing on.

So, the agnostic philosopher will, along with asking e.g. Mother Mary and/or Archangel Michael to help them as they go to sleep, and as they pass on, be genuinely interested (i.e., with love as well as intellect--it is more the love that turns the key) in awakening to e.g. lucidity, to soul-travel (ability to exercise agency beyond the topos of lucidity-script-writing, to changing topos), to travel to meet and greet, learn and so on, in the second heaven...which is the first line of true defense for the soul in this planetary situation.  The remnant of the soul, post-passing stripped of her earthly adornments, etc., may awaken to the realization that "I'm alive."  Again, where she goes, either nightly or post-passing, is more related to her own genuine interest and therefore the Light of God within her soul.  Talking the talk or signing an altar card does not necessarily equate with salvation, for, when the earthly ego is, as Saint Paul teaches, put off (by post-passing, and mostly so per nightly dreaming), then e.g. Christ Jesus or Saint Francis or Mother Mary may have to say, with utmost tenderness, "I--God in Me--does not share Light of God with you...[i.e.] I do not know you)."  This is too often a "shock" to e.g. the Christian who's been assured of a "go to heaven free card," and some of the sadder cases are those Christians (and others) who, upon realizing that they have to reembody as a new soul-initiative, become embittered or angry with the church or temple or mosque that has misled them.  Such may, based on their anger, carry into their next embodiment an antipathy toward organized religion.  It is this group of so-called "atheists" which Saint Paul, and those many Saints who work with him, in his great healing retreat in the second heaven over Crete, seek to help.

The above may be understood or read as a truth-claim, as an opinion.  It has the beauty of encouraging nightly prayer or honest/genuine/loving intention, which is a Cartesian truth-effort, able to be worked with even according to one's own velleity.  Saint Teresa of Avila's "Interior Castle" is one such guidance for a general and gentle progression.  If one elects to do nothing--e.g., no love of awareness ---> loving intention to increase awareness...by the law of cause and effect, sowing and reaping, one often does not gather lucidity by ignoring.

p.s.  Would note that those who turn down such obvious options and honest agnosticism are simply showing their antipathy or reluctance to put off carnal mindedness, not choosing to elect awareness as 'letting this Mind abide which was also in Christ Jesus."  Such is the fear-based anger of the carnal mind when it senses a threat to its non-Real existence.  As for those who are trained to believe in "one embodiment only," well and good.  Prayers are efficacious, and it is hoped that they work well for you, as promised and as taught.  There is no reason to doubt that God-revealed Truth or true pathness is other than supremely efficacious.  A point of philosophy of religion is as Pascal's wager and Kierkegaard's Knight of Faith:  if one's genuine presence in God is acceptable, there is no further need for philosophy:  happy God self, happy God life.  It is only when one has a false path expectation, that philosophy of religion notes e.g. that there are stages and a spectrum of human awareness, various types of behavior, not all resonant with divine Love, hence the philosophic examination of one's own consciousness, a la Plotinus, Descartes, or Hegel, in order to suss out the possible false pathness, of which there may be, according to the Prophet Mohammad (owbp), many, and correct them by right observation of self and one's spectrum and stages of consciousness.  Prayer, meditation, dream awareness and lucidity, are all recognized by material science as existent and effectual, for whatever reasons.  It is the movements to soul travel and etheric levels which are less subject to materialist awareness and measurement, yet which are in various respects taught by the great religions of the world, e.g. Saint Paul's visit to the Third Heaven, Mohammad's (pbuh) night flight, Moses' and Elijah's divine experiences, and so on.  The religious may investigate or prove all things within their system; the philosophers may prove all things in the manner of a Plotinus, realizing One Mind Soul; the latter is in some respects developed by e.g. prayer, meditation, dream lucidity, and so on.  If One Mind Soul Is, and Plotinus has become immortal, it is as reasonable to inquire of him, as it is to sit at the feet of Mary or Abraham or other worthies, assuming one's resonance provides the opportunity for such studentship.  A shared metric among religious and philosophers is "Truth," which is to be recognized, accepted, proven, and held fast, by practitioners of both magisteria.

Related:  

Dossier on the Ascension, Serapis Bey.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What comes around goes around when its time to meet your maker

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Party house for the maggots baby!

Souls aren't real.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.