Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

SHOULD I KEEP BEATING MYSELF UP OVER THIS? I FEEL SO BAD. AM I THE WORST PERSON EVER?? ?

Before me and my partner dated. I was wondering if they liked me. They gave mixed signals so I made up a fake account on insta and acted like someone else and started asking things like "what's this mean when a person does *insert thing here* or says ____. Does it mean they like them" and stuff like that. Trying to get an idea if they liked me based off their reply. They never knew it was me. They mentioned to me about it and how weird it was and they blocked me on that blog but they never knew it was ME doing this. We are dating now. Am i horrible for this??! :( i lied to them and faked being someone else to get info. all this happened 5 months ago and has been since deleted. Should I end my relationship bc I did this ages ago ?

Favorite Answer

Personally I don't think you did anything wrong, this would be no different than someone looking to get to know another person.  I would implore you to just forget about this and not to bring it up to them though.  Fact is a lot of people are insecure and would prefer doing subtle things like you did to confirm something instead of risking embarrassment by being direct in this internet age.

You lied and spied. That is wrong, yes; however, you were just trying to see if they'd like you. I just hope you never liked your cyber mask.