Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Why is this?

I got caught for speeding and officer asked me if I had a firearm. By the way this is in Florida. This is the first time an officer has asked me that and by the way I don’t have a criminal record 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Neil
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

It's a routine and reasonable question. Like with a lot of questions, your reaction to the question being asked is more important than the words you say. Note that I didn't say they have no interest in the answer, I just aid that your nonverbal response is more important. For example, if your eyes dart toward the glovebox just before you say "No," the cop now has a prettty good idea that 1. You are lying; 2. You are dangerous; and 3. there's a gun over there.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because this officer doesn't want to get shot. Where I live, California, you must disclose to an officer that you're packing heat. Doing this is also for your own safety because if you get a pat down and they find a concealed gun you're more likely to be viewed as hostile. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They just wanted to know something.

• 2 months ago

I would imagine that is just a routine question. The same happens here in the UK you get asked if you are carrying a knife etc.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you did I would advise you not to tell them for your own safety.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

he was just making sure you didnt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.