Michelle asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Advice on starting weight loss?

I’m a 20 year old female, about 5’7 and 200 pounds and am looking to start losing weight when I go back to college in a few weeks. I’ll be living off campus and doing all of my own grocery shopping and cooking and want to make sure I’m eating the right stuff. I’m also planning on my main form of exercise being walking (longer walk in the morning and maybe short walks after meals).

Ultimately I want to lose 50-60 pounds but I’m okay with taking it slow. I’ve tried losing weight in the past and always tried to rush it and I’ve just continued gaining weight over the years. 

Does anyone who has had success with long term weight loss have any advice?What type of foods should I be eliminating? Any foods in particular I should add? How many calories should I shoot for per day? Is walking a good idea for my exercise? Should I do additional workouts like building muscle? Also any motivation tips to keep me going? Any advice is welcome! 

The ketogenic diet