I am 27 year old woman waiting to get approve for ssi I also have attorney I was denied for ssdi is it possible I can get approve for ssi?

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

     Not likely w/o a severe disability but who know's?? dfgjm

     . . . . . . . . . .

     , , , , , , , , , ,

  • SSDI requires a work history. Do you have one? Without it you will be denied no matter how severe your disability is. You do need any attorney to apply for SSI. Just fill out the forms honestly and completely. Remind your doctors that you provide the names of to Social Security to fill out their forms.

  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You should apply, and then show your state disability insurance agency that you have applied.  You may be eligible for state disability insurance, if you can't get the ssi or ssdi.

  • Judith
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Is there some special reason why you felt the need to ask the same question twice?

    Yes it is possible your claim will be approved for SSI.  They will be making a medical decision IF you don't have excess income and/or resources.

    Social Security's definition of disability for people under age 55 - a person must be so severely disabled that they are incapable of working and earning at least $1260 a month for at least one year.  The decision is NOT made by your doctor.

    Frankly I think your getting an attorney is a waste of money unless you've already filed a request for a hearing.  It is only at that point that a person should have one.  An attorney doesn't speed up the processing of a claim nor does that involvement have much of anything to do with getting a claim approved.  If approved he will get 25% of your back pay.  You have a 35% chance of being approved with or without an attorney prior to a hearing decision.

    As for writing your congressmen - it has no impact on the decision itself.  It is only worthwhile if someone is sitting on your claim without making a decision in which case involving a congressmen will get them off their butt and they will make a decision.  Otherwise if it is being processed normally, SS will merely advise the congressman that they are working on it.

    I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    The next step is to write your Democratic Representative.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.