What are these pits in my ears?

So I've always had these pits in my ears I asked my mom if ears were ever pierced and she always told me no. I just shrugged them off but every now and again people ask but ive never received an answer. The one with 2 pits is my right ear and i have one pit on my left ear as well. Sorry for quality of photo I took it by myself 

Pits and holes in the ear area are thought to have a surprising origin: they are evolutionary remainders and reminders  from our ancient finned and gilled ancestors. They are vestigial remnants of a fish's gills and gill like formations. It is actually called the preauricular sinus by doctors and  technically it is a hereditary birth defect and was first documented by a scientist called Van Heusinger in 1864. These holes can be found anywhere on the ear and are not common. It's nothing to worry about. Also remnants of evolution: appendix, wisdom teeth, tail bones, and several muscles in the wrist. 

You need to check with a Dermatologist on this one. I have no clue.