Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

How tall and heavy is the average high school wide receiver?

No one uses this site anymore

Due to the expense no one has ever calculated those averages. High school WR sizes vary going from a girl who was 4'11", 97 lb who led her team and up. Her brother was a JuCo WR at 5'6", 190 lb, 5.4 forty.

Nobody keeps those stats.  I'd guess about 5'10" and 165 for someone in a decent program.  But size doesn't matter.  You just have to be one of the best ones on the team.

To be an effective receiver at the high school level, you need to be at least 6'7 and weigh 240 pounds.

• Mier

I played wide receiver in High School and I started my freshman season 5'10 140lbs and ended senior year near 6'2 175lbs 

• Cu Tie

The average high school wide receiver is 5'6"-5'10", and weighs 120-160 pounds

It's a nonsensical question.  High school kids are all different sizes and high school football is a lot of different levels.  There are everything from kids who look almost like NFL players and others who look like they're barely in high school.