New Asus Zenbook UM431D has extremely weird graphical error when displaying PDFs, why?

When a PDF document is loaded, it displays normally. However, as soon as the L-Click is used, and a string is highlighted, the surrounding areas of the PDF become black and a weird white grid pattern is generated.

Also, there's a weird colouration around the font, that is green and red and oscillates in a weird haze around the font. Needless to say it makes using it for productivity unusable.

This computer is brand new, out of the box. It did this, and then I updated the graphics drivers but is still doing this.

I am certain I am going to return this computer for some other thing, but it's just so odd. I've never saw anything like this.

• keerok

Try changing the system colors.

A couple things to try.

1) Try changing the resolution to see if the grid/color problem persists.  Check your PDF viewer to make sure it's 64 bit rather than 32 bit. 

2) Make sure the latest driver for the graphics card is loaded.  Go to the gpu manufacturer's website and download the newest for your operating system.