Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Arguments for adding Trump to Mount Rushmore?

1. He saved millions from death from Corona. Experts early on predicted that had nothing been done, nearly 2.2 million Americans would have been killed by the virus by now. This alone makes Trump a hero.

2. Before the virus, black America had the lowest unemployment rate in decades. Trump is good for jobs and economy.

3. Trump is literally the first president to seriously argue against illegal immigration, putting at least a temporary stop to it. His stance on illegal immigration should buy America more time before it slips into another third world nation.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

1. No he didn't.  Because the things that saved lives would have been done without him.  Without him, we'd have as few deaths as other countries do.  Probably about 100,000 more died because of him than would have died without him.

2. It was only slightly lower than before he was elected.  Most of the drop in unemployment happened while Obama was President.

3. Even a temporary stop to illegal immigration threatens every life in America.  The farms can't produce enough food without illegal immigration, and the murder rate goes up.  Even being a third world nation would be better than what could happen to us because of not having enough immigrants to save our lives.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

trump save this country 

• Zack
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

1. False. Thousands have DIED because of him. He didn't save anyone!

2. Blacks had the lowest unemployment rate before Trump. He didn't lower the unemployment rate.

3. False again. Presidents before Trump argued against illegal immigration, and illegal immigration has been going down since before Trump.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Questions like this are stupidity in the question, and cause people to go the other way because when an idiotic question shows, who wants to be on that side?

He badly mishandled Covid-19 and its relief funds. Saying that "If nothing had been done" is not praise for an incompetent response, because every country did something. We did not have the highest EMPLOYMENT RATE, and the unemployment by Trump's lack of response to Covid is grim. His stance on illegal immigration is a failure and makes money for government contractors and solves nothing.

He is the worst President in my long life, and possibly the worst on record. 

Trump has NEVER had a composite approval rating over 50% at any point in time.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/pre...

First on record to be ALWAYS disliked.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Adding Lysander Spooner like Rey suggested would be hilarious considering the man was an anti-statist that intentionally broke licensing laws and openly and shameless competed against the postal service knowing full well it was illegal. He also wrote a essay on the fact that the founders didn't get the consent of the people to rule over them nor would such consent outlive those that consented to it. I mean, I love his books and essays especially Vices Are Not Crimes: A Vindication of Moral Liberty, but he has no business being celebrated by a government he didn't think had any standing in existing. 

Anyway, I never cared for monuments and would rather they all disappear from the planet. If however we are going to have monuments then they should never celebrate public officials as they are simply representatives for a time, not kings for all of time. 

Also, masks ARE political because states mandated them. If the government never mandated them then the issue wouldn't be political, but since they did it is political. Why idiots like BlueNinjaLove can't grasp this is beyond me. 

• 2 months ago

The best argument AGAINST that is that isn't room on the mountain.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Black America?  I thought you guys were against identity politics.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The guy who made masks political, pushed BS, etc saved no one. American citizens who tried their best to be proactive in taking precautions are the people who have done that.

Wrong. Also wrong. 

Nothing he has done deserves a statue, let alone his face on Mt. Rushmore.

• 2 months ago

Add Lysander Spooner. 

• 2 months ago

That chithead had nothing to do with it,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.