Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingFirst Aid · 2 months ago

Daughter ingested some fake tan will she be okay?

She’s 15 and did fake tan without us knowing however she’s saying she ate whilst it was developing on her face and all she could taste was the tan and it was apparently the worst taste she’s ever experienced and she’s now saying her throat feels “strange” what’s in these self tanners is there anything harmful? i’m sure plenty of women have got it in their mouths before right?

5 Answers

  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Fake tan is just a liquid dye that is applied to the skin. It temporarily stains the skin and makes the skin appear tan. It's no more toxic than applying Mercurochrome to a cut on your finger would be - that stains the skin too. If fake tan was in any way toxic, it wouldn't be sold over the counter without a doctor's prescription. 

    Self-tanning lotions contain Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, and Mineral Oil. These ingredients have a very high pH, more than 6; and they raise the pH levels in your outer skin layer to "orange levels".

  • 2 months ago

    I cant imagine she got much in her mouth, so yes, she will be fine, If it was THAT toxic it wouldnt be marketed.

  • 2 months ago

    If she is still alive she should be OK.

  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    she will be fine.............

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Girl
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    I’m sure when they do self tan a lot of people ingest it, and it wouldn’t taste palatable. However if you think she is displaying any symptoms which seem to worsening you should consult emergency services. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.